Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pets on Quilts

Lilypad Quilting is hosting this year's Pets on Quilts show. I wasn't around for last years, but when I heard about this I knew I had to get in on the action. I was actually saying to another quilter about 2 weeks ago it seems a lot of quilters are cat people.  I know many are dog people too, but I see more bloggy quilters who have help from their feline friends.

I am posting this a few days early to link up on the day of because I am so busy with my kids right now (not a bad thing!) that I wanted to make sure I got this done on time.

I have two things I am showing you here. One is of a cat on a quilt, but of note, the quilt is a cat themed quilt.

The cat, his name is Strider. He is an orange tabby and friendliest cat ever. He has been an awesome "introductory" pet for my two children as he is so accommodating with being patted, petted, snuggled, and backward pet (you know, when you start from the tail and pet up to the head). He's a funny animal and we love him dearly. We have another cat, Willow. She is very, very shy - she was a rescue. I like to think we're giving her a good comfortable home, but for all I know she hates it here. LOL!!

The quilt is one I made for my youngest brother (I have 3 older brothers). He's a single fellow, perpetually I fear, but hey, if he's happy, it's all good. But at the same time I felt he needed a quilt. Sean and I haven't always gotten along, (getting sappy here) but I love him, so this was my version of a peace offering. Hey, none of my other brothers have a quilt yet. I hope he likes it.

So just in case you can't really see, the gray, black and orange pattern are all small cats. I went with the  colour scheme to go with normal "cat colours". Also the beige coloured fabric says "meow" all over it.  It is the biggest quilt I have ever machine quilted.



39 comments:

  1. The quilt is spectacular! So is the model

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both, the quilt and Strider!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is wonderful, I hope your brother likes it, and your model is quite striking also. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a gorgeous model! great quilt, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous quilt! Perfect for your kitty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilt, and Strider, too! Thanks for partying with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful quilt and your kitty is too. I've always been partial to red heds, which in my world includes orange cats. My first born (first cat adopted a year after being married) was an orange tabby.

    I certainly enjoyed your post. Great blog too!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Strider color coordinates with your quilt very well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job! The quilt really is "cat colors!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. That quilt matches the kitty so well. We used to have an orange tabby that looked similar to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this quilt looks great on that cat...i like the colours

    ReplyDelete
  12. The quilt is gorgeous.....and does have a masculine feel to it......Sean with love it. Pretty cat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stryder is one handsome cat- he reminds me of our Mars cat who is also and an orange tabby with a white bib.
    Your quilt is gorgeous_ I am sure that your brother is going to love it. Thanks for participating in the blog hop.
    Regards from Western Canada,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful quilt! I love cat fabric and this is just super.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a gorgeous quilt - like those colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That quilt is great! Stryder looks like he was interrupted during his inspection :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful quilt. I love the design. Strider has the cutest face, even blinking:)He looks like a nice cat to cuddle.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Purr purr from Rusken (my cat) to your cat :) All cats needs a lot of quilts :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a funny expression Strider has on his face! I love how the quilt matches the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stryder looks beautiful on your wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love both your quilt and strider. I think Strider believes the quilt is his since it matches his colouring so well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing your beautiful quilt and kitty!! The colours are purrrfect!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What aa great quilt. Your pusscat looks quite at home on it doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mom has the same MEOW fabric! What is she waiting for? Mom, make ME a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another matching cat - he looks so happy. And I love that cat fabric. Many thanks for your comment on Django's matching eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I was noticing how many quilters were cat people,too. Although, I do have to note that we have a dog as well, but the cats are far more capable of jumping up onto my table or the couch to find a place on what I'm working on. A Boxer/German Shepherd mix is a bit too big to find herself randomly on a quilt. ;o) Your orange Marmalade kitty is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love how your cat matches the quilt! It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome quilt..love it. Your kitty is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a beautiful quilt! Nice pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great quilt and sweet tabby! I love the orange tabby cats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. nice quilt. your cat seems to be enjoying it. we had a cat with the same colors once. think his name was tiger.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the quilt and the fact that it matches the colour of the cat so well.

    ReplyDelete
  33. The cat "coordinates" wonderfully with that quilt. And I love the quilt design - very original and a beautiful gift for your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Job well done with your quilt. And your assistant matches purrrrr-fectly!
    Thanks for joining in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great cat 0 strider is beauteous and so is that quilt! Me loves it!
    Kisses
    Nellie at the Cat From Hell

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very nice quilt, and I have a particular fondness of orange tabbies.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks your work and your Kitty are so cute and pretty too.

    ReplyDelete