Sunday, July 29, 2012

June FMQ challenge

Yep, we're at the end of July and I am just getting June's challenge up, but at least I got it done! Hey, maybe didn't qualify for prizes last month, but that's okay. I simply didn't have time in June, and wanted to give it a chance.

So here we go. Here are pictures of the front and back of my June piece. Further down there is a picture of my sketch vs end piece. One way I went sideways on this was that my fabric marker just wasn't marking that well and so it didn't translate well to my piece. I attempted a little dragonfly there... did not work out as well as I hoped but still a cute idea.  I really like good filler ideas, but I think for a full quilt this method would take a lot of pre-planning.
Front of challenge piece
 I added the back because I think when the back looks almost as good as the front you're doing pretty well in the FMQ world.
Back of challenge piece
 Pebbles - I love the look of pebbles, but no matter how hard I tried, I could not get the swing of doing them. These were bigger ones, but I found I had problems skipping from one pebble to the next, although the end result is neat.
 And here is the sketch vs. stitch. I made a mistake adding the feathered part in. Not my thing, oh well!!

1 comment:

  1. Really cute Carole. I think you did a great job with this challenge.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete