So 1st I did this using a contrast thread, and traced the picture onto tissue paper and then quilted right over it. I took a machine quilting class about 6 years ago and I remember this was the method she taught us with the tissue paper. I like it because there is no question of where the design it etc.
However, the same issue I have with paper piecing, getting everything off after is a PITA. But it turned out pretty well!
But then I decided to switch two things up. 1st, I redid the design using Don Linn's method with the tuule. And then I did it white on white. See, as I try to do this with contrast so it shows up better in photos it also shows more mistakes. When it all blends in, it covers any small mistakes quite nicely. I really like how this turned out! So here we have the front and back. I tried doing a bit of filler with pebbles, but that is a project for another day I think. I love the look, but the back looks like a mess, so obviously need to work on the tension and what not. So let's not worry about that right now.