Sunday, January 8, 2012

Finished Thomas quilt

I showed pictures of Thomas quilt in action, but not the finished product.

D. loves it!! Loves it! I'm thrilled. Worth the price of the kit (never done a kit quilt before), and the effort to have it shipped here and all the work put into it.

Okay so I saw the finished quilt in The Quiltmaker's Shoppe in Arlington, WA. At the time, Deb, the kind owner, advised they had no more kits and was not sure she would be getting more. I emailed her, and she was able to get it for me.

The fabric and pattern were originally from VIP Exclusives, at Quilting Treasures. Thomas is copyright Gullane.

People ask me how long it takes to make a quilt. I have no idea. Some quilts I work on on and off over years. An hour here, 30 min there, so I really can't tell. This one I would put in the estimate of 20-25 hours.

Pictures!!



Happy boy in his quilt

Duncan wanted to make a funny face

Cordelia wanted pictures of her quilt

Wrapped up.

Ta da

2 comments:

  1. wow those quilts look great! Thanks for entering my giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Thomas the train quilt is fabulous! You did an excellent job piecing and quilting it. I see both your children love to ham it up for the camera. Mom-made quilts make the best blankies in the world.

    ReplyDelete